India resumes online visa application services for Bangladeshis
India has resumed online visa application services for the citizens of Bangladesh after a suspension of almost seven months as a result of coronavirus pandemic.
The visa categories available for Bangladeshis include medical and business, the High Commission of India in Dhaka said in a statement on Friday.
The other available visa categories include employment, entry, journalist, diplomatic, official, UN Official, and UN Diplomatic.
The high commission said that services for the rest of the visa categories will resume “soon”.
India postponed almost all visas on Mar 12 after the outbreak reached almost all of the countries on the globe.
Your choice spelled trouble for many Bangladeshis who had a need to happen to be India to get medical attention.
In normal days, more than 3,500 Bangladeshis travel to India daily on the average. Over 10 percent of them travel on medical purposes.
Out from the foreigners who visit India for medical purposes, 45 percent are from Bangladesh, in line with the India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
More than 13.7 million foreigners took treatment in India between January 2018 and March 2019. They include 2.8 million Bangladeshis.
- India, Bangladesh foreign ministers to hold virtual meet...
- Bangladesh set to get onions from India
- India takes methods to permit at least 1,000...
- Flip sides of Bangladesh-India friendship
- USA keeps India on ‘do not travel’ advisory...
- Do not travel to Bangladesh because of Covid-19:...
- India: Container train program with Bangladesh to boost...
- India to handover 10 broad-gauge locos to Bangladesh